Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pageant- July 18, 1203

Thursday, July 18, 2013
 We also in the evening at 8:30 pm went and saw the Pageant.  What a marvelous program that was and to see what everyone had done in Nauvoo.  They had set up very large lights everywhere around the stage where the Pageant was to be performed and the 1840's Country Fair at 7:00 to 8:30 pm.   It was the high light of the day.  Wow!! The professional performers were awesome.  On last Monday I was in the Heber C. Kimball's home and was giving this man a tour of the home.  He told me that he was in the Pageant and I didn't know until Thursday night that he played the part in the Pageant as Heber C. Kimball. Boy, was I glad I didn't know who he was when I gave him the tour of Heber C. Kimball's home.  Since then I have seen him a lot and he still remembers me giving him the tour.  He said it was great what I told him and to hear my Testimony.  He was the one that talked a lot to Matt when they came to Nauvoo and watched the Pageant.  He really enjoyed spending time with him while the rest of us was doing the Country Fair.  When I see him he ask me how Matt is doing and how much respect he has for Matt in the way he takes care of himself. We have seen the Pageant three times and each time I think of Dad and Mom and wonder what they are doing at that moment in paradise.  As I look into the heavens and see the stars my heart is touched with the spirit of God and know what I am doing is what the Lord wants me to do.  The spirit here in Nauvoo is incredible.  The Gospel is true and I love you. Sister Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment