Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Our Second Day at the MTC

 Tuesday April 9, 2013
    Brother Petersen is in charge of the instruction of Preach My Gospel.  He was the funniest man I know.  In our first meeting we talked about our purpose as a missionary, he had us all laughing so hard you couldn't go to sleep if you wanted too.
The Spirit here at the MTC is so wonderful.  They taught us how to play role today.  It was scary but we did great.  The teachers said, "we all did great in our district."  We have eight people in our district.
It seems like all we do is eat here.  You can't believe how many Elders and Sisters are here at the Missionary Training Center, about three thousand.  This evening we stayed after our classes and went to a fireside.  It was Gerald N. Lund, Emeritus Seventy.  He was so spiritual, he talked about receiving Revelations.   Brother Lund wrote one of his books about the Hole In The Rock.  I don't read a lot but I loved this book.  He had your attention the whole time.   A large Choir performed from the missionaries, Elders and Sisters.  It was so powerful and I just love listening to the male voices.  I want all my family and friends to know how much I love the Lord and Jesus Christ my Savior.  I am so grateful to be a missionary and be an instrument in Gods hand.  I do know that we can live again with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ if we keep His Commandments.    Joseph Smith restored the fullness of the Gospel on the earth in this dispensations.  The priesthood authority was also restored to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery.   Keep the faith, Love Sister Harris

P.S. I forgot to tell you who we ran into Andrea Perkins Hall.  Her husband is going to be the  Mission President at Mexico City Northwest.  They are here learning Spanish for several months.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got the hear Gerald N. Lund. Matt and I really like listening to his lectures. You know this hasn't seemed real until now, now that I'm reading your blog. I'm proud of both of you for making the sacrifices to go, You are wonderful examples to my kids and to Matt and me! I love you, See ya on friday!
    Love,
    Kisti

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way mom, I'm sure your role playing went great!
    Kisti

    ReplyDelete