Saturday, July 1, 2017

Venture trip with the Bonneys

Saturday--July 1, 2017

After this special day Jim and I left at about 4:00 pm to drive to Venture to be with the Bonney family because the Monticello Temple would be closed for two weeks.   We got of later than I wanted to but we were finally driving to Flagstaff to stay the night there.  We had a terrible time trying to find the motel and it was very late and the 1st one we went to was the wrong motel.  We didn't know there were two motels with the same name anyway after we turned around and drove all over the place we finally found the right place and it was close to the beginning of our looking for the motel and we misted it by 1 block. We were so tired and the motel was a very little place with a train driving by all night long.  I was not happy what I paid for a room that looked very old and needed to be painted.  I will not go though that company again to get a motel.

Sunday--July 2, 2017
We got up and had a very tiny breakfast and was on our way to Venture.  We arrived about 4 or 5 pm and was glad to be there it was a long drive for us oldies.   The country site of orchards and nurseries were beautiful and I saw a lot of trees that I would have bought to put in my new yard in Blanding.  This day was Sunday so we were dressed in our Sunday cloths if we could find a church to attend we would go to a Sacrament meeting but we were never in a town at the right time.  The Bonney's time share was on the main floor and we were right by the harbor.  What a beautiful site and the children are always happy to see us.   We drove to the Pier and the boys played frisbee with Ken and the younger children played on  the play ground.  Carolyn was having fun stacking big rocks and balancing them then we walked down the Pier.  It was a cool beautiful night.  Jim and I have been so hot all day driving that it felt cool this night.

Monday-- July 3, 2017
The Bonney's took off to Six Flags to have a fun day on the rides but Jim and I stayed and we decided to go walking to the beach area but we walked for one hour and decided we would just go back and drive to the beach.  We were so tired we decided not today, let's go shopping at the second hand stores.  We found a few things and went back to the room at the time share and relaxed. The Bonneys  came back about 8:00 pm so we all just went to bed, they were sunburned and tired from the hot day.

Tuesday-- July 4,2017
Today being the 4th if July I knew that California doesn't celebrate this day like Utah does so their was no parade and was a cloudy cold day.  The kids played in the swimming pool and the other of us went in the hot tub.  Brent had some cards that were water proof so we played cards in the hot tube it was so cool.  It was so cold this day that I loved the hot tub. We played for a short time then a family came so we got out and sat by the pool  and finished playing nine's a card game we like. We also watched the kids play in the pool pushing each other into the pool or throwing each other in the pool.  Brent had to keep leaving the card game to throw his brother Mark, Kyler, and Carolyn in the pool they thought that was so much fun.  Brent is going on a mission 9th of August so his brothers and sister were enjoying him in Venture. After a while we were cold we went inside the room and watched a movie, I think.  We wanted to play ping pong but someone had checked out the paddles and they didn't know who it was and they never returned them.  I thought that was thoughtless of those people.  I really wanted to play the champ who was Derek.  I knew he would beat me but I like to play.  Jim had bought some steaks so we had to wait for the grill but Ken finally started cooking and Jim and I bought the food for the dinner and the meal was great.  We started after dinner  to play games again and when it got dark we heard fire works so we went outside on the deck and watched the cool fire works on the beach. There were some other fire works up in the city going off also, it was a fun day.

Wednesday-- July 5, 2017
Some of the kids after breakfast went to the pool and we got ready to go to the beach for the afternoon.  It was a sunny day today and would be a good day to go.  We drove over to the beach and set up Tami had two kites flying in no time.  Jim and I just sunbathed but Carolyn she loved the ocean and never got out until it was time to go home.  She used a broad for a while to ride the waves and then she just body surfed for a while then just played in the waves.  Mark was running along the beach with a girl friend he found picking up crabs.  The bigger boys played with each other and  Ken keeping a ball in the air for as long as they could count.  Jim and I after awhile walked down to the beach and walked in the water.  Boy it was so cold I couldn't believe how long Carolyn has stayed in the water, she must have had no feeling in her legs and arms.  When it was time to go they pulled in the kites and we gathered everything up and left.  Some got sunburned and some where smart to put on sun tan lotion.

Thursday-- July 6, 2017
We were up early to get ready to go to the Los Angles Temple so Brent could receive his Own Endowment.  It was a neat Temple Jim and I had never seen this temple.  The children went to the visitor center where it was cool until we came out then Brent, Derek, and Carolyn did Baptisms for the died.  Jim and I went inside to watch.  It was special to see Brent do his brother and sister, what a spiritual day.  It was fun to see the expressions on Brent's face as he received his Endowments I was glad we got to be there.   We moved into 4 rooms and it was beautiful but I had never seen wall paintings in a Celetral Room before it was amazing to just sit and enjoy the spirit there. Brent just loved it there he wanted to stay there forever.

We left the temple and you would never think you would run into someone from Blanding.  It was a Blickenstaff  boy that Jim was his principal. He had returned from being a Mission President in Korea and is an Ordinance Worker in the LA Temple.  We took pictures and his wife is from Korea  took a selfie because she loves to do that.  She was so cute and bobble it was so fun to talk to them for awhile, small world isn't it.  We left to drive to the Dodger game. What a night mire Jim was not driving so Ken drove us to the Dodger game right thru the middle of Los Angles.  I think we could have walked faster then driving there.  We used our phone map and Tami was following but we got lost and Tami with Derek telling her how to get there got to the park before we did.  We were lost up in the top of the hills and had ask people how to get back down to the stadium.  Ken was so up set that we just went around and around finally Tami was trying to save us a spot at the park and was talking to us on the phone when we saw her so we just flipped a urie and parked. We then walked to the stadium which was blocks away but Ken like to park away's from the stadium so he can leave faster but I don't think that worked tonight.  The Dodgers were behind 4 to 1 and a lot of people left the game early and missed the best game at the end.  In the ninth inning the Dodgers made more points because there pitcher walked 3 of the Dodgers and then one guy hit a good ball and the runners game in and it was tided up.  Then one more Dodger player hit a good ball and the gamed ended 5 to 4.  It was so excited as we jumped up and down and swinging our arms with joy. We walked to the car and we were the only car at the park because everyone else had left.  We drove back to Venture for the night and it took about l hour to get there.

Friday-- July 7, 2017
We got up and had a good breakfast and headed for the Redland Temple. It is time to leave Venture and the ocean, say good bye.   Jim was driving now and the traffic was still busy.  I had the map on my phone and was directing him.  We got along pretty well and Tami kept calling us to make sure we were with them.  We had Derek with us this time and he helped us also.  The Redland Temple was on the smaller side of temples but not as small as the Monticello Temple.  We got there about  5 to 10 minutes to start the session but they told us we were too late so we all did Initiatory.   After I ask the ladies if we could go up to see the Celestial Room and because we did an ordinance they said yes.  When Jim asked the men they said he needed to put his robs on but he told them in Monticello Temple we can go up in just our white clothes so they let them go.  I think Ken stayed out side the temple with the kids in the visitor center where it was cooler because he has already see these temple.  After we came out of the temple Brent, Derek, and Carolyn went down stairs and did Baptisms again. Then we drove to Barstow and stayed in the Holiday Inn and it was really nice.  Mark and Brent stayed in our room with us and I said to Jim you need to go out in the car and get my pillows but he didn't want to so I just slept on their pillows.  Jim and I got up at 4:00 pm and left to drive home and somewhere on this trip we lost our good pillows(that I love) somewhere. I know we got them in the car in Venture because they were not on the bed when we left the room.    It took us about 10 to 12 hours to drive home.  Glad to be in my own bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment