Saturday, July 13, 2013

Family Reunion at Nauvoo

July 10, 2013- Wednesday
Hi everyone, today was a fun day at the Brigham Young's home.  Jerry & Dorothy came into the site and some of their family.  We, Sisters did 52 tours this day, this was the most tours we have done this year in one day.   I was so busy I didn't get to talk very much to Jerry & Dorothy so we had our Thursday preparation day, July 11, so we had lunch with them and went to the Nauvoo Temple with them at 5:00 pm.  It was so much fun to be with them and their family.  We didn't get to see a few of the children because they were doing different sites than where we were. Dorothy is going to e-mail me some pictures and when I get them I will put them on the blog.

July 12,2013- Friday
Today I did Wilford Woodruff's home and it was a little slower but was nice to relax a little more than Brigham Young's home.  He was a great Servent of the Lord Jesus Christ, he was a Missionary, Apostle, and the 4th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It is so awesome to learn about all these important men.  My love has really grown for them as I learn about their lives and their families.  I love this Gospel and our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I am so Greatful for the Book of Mormon and I know it is true and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet that lived here in on earth.  You can really feel the saints are helping us with the spreading of the gospel. The Pageant is here now and it is Awesome to watch and feel the strongest spirit that is present in Nauvoo.  We also have those around that want to protest at the outside of the pageant just like at the Temple Square.  We have been told to not talk to them because they will video you and you will find yourself on Tweeter or any of those computer programs.  They want to show if your mad and say that is what the Mormons look like.  Satan works so hard to stop the work of the Lord but he isn't going to win.  Their are people that come from around Illinois and just love the feeling they feel when they visit Nauvoo.  We hope and pray we can touch many lives that visit here. The church is True and I love you, Sister Harris

Sat. July 13, 2013
I worked in Land and Records today.  It was really busy and I am working on doing some searching for a man named, Joshua Davis.  It is fun when I find information about this man that lived in Nauvoo.  When it is all checked out they will put it in the computer so the families of this man can pull it up and make a CD with the information we find.  You can't find any of this information on the family tree or family search, it is just at Land & Records of Nauvoo.  I really enjoy watching the people get so excited when they find information on their family.  I'm so excited I work there next week also. Must run to"Sunset by the Mississippi", I have to be there at 6:15 pm to perform. By for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment