Tuesday, March 21, 2017

My talk in 8th Ward.

21 March 2017

Tuesday night I went and talked to the 8th ward Relief Society's Birthday party.  I spoke on "Covenant Keeping women."  This is one quote that I gave that I love.

   I don't want to drive up to the pearly
gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully,
      tailored clothes, my hair expertly
coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured
     fingernails.  I want to drive up in a
         station wagon that has mud on
the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with grass stains on my
      shoes from mowing Sisters Schenk's lawn.  I
         want to be there with a smudge of
peanut butter on my skirt from
    making sandwiches for a sick neighbors
children.   I want to be there with a little dirt
   under my fingernails from helping to
weed someone's garden.  I want to be there
     with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks
and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
      I want the Lord to know I was
        really here and that I REALLY LIVED.
                                 -Marjorie Hinkley-

The sisters said they really enjoyed my talk and I hope they felt the spirit that I felt as I gave the talk.  I was their special speaker representing the Temple Presidency and most of the 8th ward knew me. It was good because at the end of May I will be moving into our new home which will be in that ward. It was good for me to meet the sisters early and I felt so loved  by all of them.  David Brown was awesome to help me get my Power Point  ready on the TV screen. It turned out to be a beautiful night thanks to every ones help.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment